This is a very quick post – the last time I was in Taiwan (2011) I did visit Taroko Gorge. I hired a taxi from Hualien city, and the taxi driver played the role of both tour guide, driver & language tutor 😉 I just thought I’d share the details with you all, in case anyone is interested in using this method to see Taroko Gorge (best part is that it allows you a deal of flexibility too).
Her name is Tiffany, she or her husband would be your guides for the day. Tiffany speaks reasonable English, though I’m not sure about her husband. They will take you on the following route:
- (Pick up) Hualien train station or hotel
- Cingshuei Cliff *(Extra charge)
- Entrance of Taroko
- National Park – Shakadang Trail – Eternal Spring Shrine – Swallow Grotto – Tunnel of Nine Turns – Tzu Mu Bridge – Holiu Suspension Bridge – Tienhsiang
- Baiyang Waterfall Trail *(Extra charge)
- Return to Hualien
The costs are as follows:
(Cost per car)
- one person – two people – NT2200
- three – four people – NT2500
- five – six people – NT3000
※ Cingshuei Cliff – NT500 / per car
※ Baiyang Waterfall Trail ( It’s a 2-hour hiking trail ) – NT500 / per car
If the trip extends beyond the above times, an extra NT500 is charged per hour.